Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Ode to Joy of a Single Lady

Once again on Valentine’s Day I wake up with a big, deep breath in, and a slow sigh of relief out. I am single today. And it is glorious. With no expectations for this absurd commercial holiday, I’m free to enjoy this day in any way that I please. Which is how I spend pretty much every single day of my life (no pun intended). Don’t get me wrong, as a musician, I do hard work almost every day, with a true full day off maybe once every month or TWO. Teaching daily ages 4-60, practicing whenever I have the energy, errands, scheduling, phone calls and dozens of emails to answer always. But when it’s over, whenever I decide that I’ve done my work for the day, it is time, once again, to party however the fuck I please. Please excuse my French. Or don’t. Fuck if I care. Because I don’t belong to anyone, nobody belongs to me, and frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.

So, Happy Valentine’s Day to all, and here’s a shout out to my single friends. Teach the kids about music, change those little lives, and then hand them back to the tired parents.  Have a 30 Rock or Jon Stewart marathon, order a pizza, pour yourself a good scotch, smoke weed, read a Glamour magazine or Kesey novel…. Is that my biological clock I hear ticking? No, that was just my passing gas from all my indulgence. Well, excuse me!

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment