Sunday, November 10, 2013

If Life is Like a Box of Chocolates

.... someone has filled some of the foils with coal. It seems like the bad has been outweighing the good for several people that I am close to. Illness, death, heartache, losing money, losing abilities to aging, disappointment, disagreement, meanness.... where does it stop?

Kittens.

Sunshine.

Raindrops on roses.

Do you feel better, now? See, I didn't want to be too much of a downer.

Sometimes I wish I were one of those people who winks at other people. And then I realize that most people know who wink are a little bit suspect. I am not close with anyone who winks. I wonder if winking is genetic, or if it occurs in humans mostly by a process of imitation. Are there people who are "winkers" who wish they could quit winking? Clearly, my mind is a busy place these days....



1 comment:

  1. I am still hoping for a new Valentine's Day rant, take 2...

    ReplyDelete